A Type is a special attribute of a Fighter Card which gives it the ability to have an advantage over others. Though Types do not affect all moves, there are many specific ones that single out specific types to have an advantage over. For instance, some moves may deal double damage to Fire-type cards, and if the foe is dueling with a Fire-type card, the move will be twice as powerful.
Just to clarify: Moves do NOT have types. They can only be extra-powerful against other types or have special effects on them, thus giving some cards an advantage over others.
List of TypesEdit
- Earth (also known as Rock or Ground)
- Electric (also known as Plasma)
- Air (also known as Flying or Wind)
- Hounouran (easily confusable with Light but different from it)
- Paktogran (like Hounouran, easily confusable with Dark, but different)
These Types were not originally on the list, but they were added later on. They are not considered to be normal types, and they have little use (almost no effects or moves have extra power against them).